HP Forums

Full Version: uCalc Video
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

For those interested in the uCalc project:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fk8GCKO5mw4

No it hasn't progressed any since the last update.

Please don't ask when it will be available, the answer is a shoulder shrug!

Dave.

Those "interested" will want to ask the verboten questions. Therefore, the video is for the uninitiated.

Awesome. Now I want one again. BTW, how do you get the batteries out? Perhaps a seesaw inside so that if I push a battery in deeper the other comes out. This way you'll always have a battery in.

Very very nice! Hope it will be available soon. I will never, however, put this precious in my back pocket - simply don't like the sound of cracking material d8-)

Very cool Dave, thanks for the sharing. Makes me want one too :)

Will the battery slot have a cover of some sort? Without one I can picture it getting filled with lint and stuff pretty easily.

Also, how tough is the paint on the PCBs? After some time in a wallet, it might start to wear off, possibly exposing the electrical traces underneath.

Dave: It is a real cool calc !
Btw, I love your Blog !
Lots of fun with Rigol and Pickit videos, keep it up !

Nice calculator/computer. I want one when it is ready. By the way, how durable is the black solder mask?
Keep your blog up, I enjoy watching your videos!

Quote:
No it hasn't progressed any since the last update.
Please don't ask when it will be available, the answer is a shoulder shrug!

Dave.


OK, I won't ask even though you (once again) mercilessly taunt us.

However, I will ask if the project might be complete were it not for the "silicon bug" you mentioned in the above video and described more fully in a previous blog, or is there more to it than that?

Quote:
OK, I won't ask even though you (once again) mercilessly taunt us.

My point, more pointedly stated! (See message #2).

Quote:
However, I will ask if the project might be complete were it not for the "silicon bug" you mentioned in the above video and described more fully in a previous blog, or is there more to it than that?

Nothing to do with the silicon bug, that simply caused a me a few hours of grief. I simply lost enthusiasm for the project at some point, or more correctly, got more enthused about other projects at the time.

Dave.